POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : People : Re: People Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 26 Nov 2001 08:12:01
Message: <3C023F30.A735E391@scifi-fantasy.com>
Bill DeWitt wrote:
> You seem to be talking about animation, since
> this is a still image group I didn't expect that.

No, I'm talking about still images.  In order to
make pose Z which is somewhere between poses A
and B, you can either stretch they daylights out
of pose A, or you can average the datasets of A
and B.

> Realism in movement probably takes tedium and
> skill, realism in static poses takes texture
> mapping and Giles can probably help you with that.

Texture mapping?  Look at the attached image.  I
don't care WHAT texture you slap on it, it's not
going to look right; the geometry is flat out
wrong.

(Realism in movement takes a few hundred thousand
dollars to afford a motion capture system, then
the know-how to clean up the end data...unless
you have a lot of time on your hands and really
detailed knowledge of anatomy)
--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com